Since 2020 is a year of twists we have seen a drastic change in various industries due to COVID taking its toll. While most of the industries experienced bane the mobile gaming industry experienced a boom due to changes in various trends and technologies.
Today we are living a golden age of gaming, since Enjoying a game has never been so easier! The reason behind such hype is thinking behind it, nearly 40% of the players think that mobile gaming is the most relaxing pass time for them. Even in the recent survey conducted by mobile advertising company Jun Group, 81% of respondents said they’re most open to digital ads when they’re either relaxed or happy.
It’s no secret that mobile gaming is convenient, simple, and fun. Therefore Mobile companies around the globe are starting to demonstrate their showcasing techniques, development structures, and monetization efforts off of the mobile gaming industry. This bodes well considering Newzoo gauges that before the finish of 2020, mobile game income will hit $76.7B, a 12% expansion from 2019.
Utilize these mobile gaming stats to advance beyond the opposition and win in 2020 :
- In 2019, the gaming market overall was $152 billion, 51% of that originating from mobile gaming. (Source: Dot Com Infoway)
- There will be more than 2.4 billion worldwide mobile gamers in 2020. That number is anticipated to develop to 2.7 billion by 2021. (Source: Statista)
- Mobile games market share is projected to reach 59% by 2021. (Source: Dot Com Infoway)
- 33% of all downloaded apps are mobile games. (Source: AppAnnie)
The Present Mobile Gaming Scenario
People are gaming more than ever :
- There are 2.51 billion mobile gamers around the world. (Source: techjury.net)
- By 2022, it is anticipated that 45.9% of the population will be mobile gamers. (Source: emarketer.com)
- From February to March of 2020, the number of gamers internationally increased by 42%. Just lockdown effects! (Source: Business of apps )
State of mind when mobile users are most receptive to Mobile Ads
In an ongoing study of 500 US portable gamers led by versatile publicizing organization Jun Group, 81% of respondents said they’re generally open to digital advertisements when they’re either Relaxed or Happy, which is good news for mobile ad buyers 40% of the players think that mobile gaming is the most relaxing pass time for them. (Source: emarketer.com)
Most Popular Mobile Game Genres
- Casual Mobile Games 58.86
- Puzzle Mobile Games 56.5%
- Arcade Mobile Games 55.08%
- Action Mobile Games 34.19%
- Racing Mobile Games 30.83%
- Strategy Mobile Games 15.65%
- Card Mobile Games 15.35%
- Board Mobile Games 14.95%
- Adventure Mobile Games 14.82%
- Word Mobile Games 13.61%
- Simulation Mobile Games 13.19%
Mobile Gamer Statistics for 2020
- As much as 60% of female mobile gamers play every single day. (Source: Mediakix)
- 58% of all Candy Crush Saga players are women. (Quantic Foundry and DMR)
- When it comes to mobile game genres, young men prefer action and shooters. (Source: InfluencerMarketingHub)
- The average age of mobile gamers is 36 years for women and 32 years for men. (Source: MediaKix)
- More than 50% of gamers play mobile games in the bathroom. (Source: MediaPost)
Mobile Games Monetization Statistics for 2020
- 74% of mobile gamers in the United States would watch a video advertisement if they got in-app content in return. (Source: eMarketer)
- As the conclusion of paid ads, mobile game downloads increased by 15%. (Source: AppAnnie)
- More than 30% of female players will pay for a mobile game. (Source: MediaKix)
Mobile Game Industry Leaders Statistics for 2020
- Since it first launched Pokémon Go acquired 3 billion dollars in revenue. (Source: Venture Beat)
- Tencent’s total revenue in Q3 2019 was $19.9 billion. (Source: SensorTower)
- Supercell’s revenue in the first half of 2019 was $9 billion. (Source: SensorTower)
- PUBG was one of the top-earning mobile games in Q3 of 2019 with almost half a billion dollars. (Source: SensorTower)
- Candy Crush Saga publisher King made more than $450 million in Q3 of 2019. (Source: Sensor Tower)
- Honor of Kings generated $377 million in Q3 of 2019. (Source: SensorTower)
- Fate/Grand Oder from Aniplex generated $354 million in Q3 of 2019. (Source: SensorTower)
Final Verdict of MBS Info Solution on gaming statistics 2020
In light of these stats, clearly the mobile gaming market will keep on developing in 2020 and years to come. Game designers and advertisers need to exploit that and make methodologies to win in this packed market.
What will bigly affect the mobile gaming market is 5G connection, combined with advancement in AR and AI technologies. It will be energizing to perceive how the mobile game’s advertising is going to change and advance later on.
Which Mobile gaming stat did you found the most amazing? Keep in touch with us in the remarks beneath in the comment section!
About MBS Info Solution
MBS Info Solution, an intelligent ads service brand of K2 Group, providing user acquisition & monetization customized solutions.
Our app marketing solutions enable brands and app developers to acquire users and promote their brands while giving mobile content publishers an efficient means of monetization. MBS Info Solution provides extremely economical installs for your app boost, guaranteed eCPMs for high earnings, and actionable mediation insights.